This area of the site will be developed overtime, you can read more about Connor’s story and watch the Beauty Burns awareness film below:
As much as 30 minutes after being unplugged, hair straighteners can still severely burn and permanently scar a child’s delicate skin. After use, switch off and unplug hair straighteners, then put them away to cool down out of reach and sight of children. Take a look at this powerful film by Electrical Safety First.
Connor Rowntree was in hospital for 11 months and 2 weeks.
“Even now that he is at home, Connor can find it hard to go out because of the way he looks. Let’s hope his story gets at least one kid to think twice before messing about.” says Carol, his Mum. Find out more about his journey.